Many businesses and brands see a drastic decline in sales during the summer months. School is out, families (and your employees) are going on vacation, and everyone is gearing up for the holiday season and the start of the fiscal fourth quarter.
So, what do you do? The summer slump can severely impact your business’ profits but have no fear! Foxie has come up with five tips to help you fight the summer slump.
- Fish Where Your Customers Are – Social media marketing campaigns are your friend. Your customers are on vacation and constantly posting pictures to all their social media accounts for the world to see. While they are on these sites, they should see your business and what you offer. Use engaging summer visuals and post them where your clients can see them. Don’t fall victim to “out of sight, out of mind.” Your competition won’t.
- Special Offers and Promos – The summer months can be detrimental to sales (unless you own an ice cream truck!), so to entice customers, try offering special offers on older products. You may also want to try an “Anniversary Event” with special offers to entice summer buying.
- Refine Your SEO Strategy – Optimize your website and online content for relevant summer-specific keywords. Do some keyword research to help identify terms that are popular during the summer months. This can help improve your search engine ranking and drive organic traffic to your website.
- SMS Messaging and Email Marketing – SMS messaging has rapidly become the preferred method of communications between businesses and customers for many reasons. Ease of use, cost, response time, ETC. Foxie has developed a world-class tool called “FoxieEngage,” which allows businesses to communicate with their customers in the manner they wish to communicate. You haven’t seen anything like this!
If you prefer to use email, use your email list to communicate directly with your customers. Send newsletters featuring relevant content, updates on products or services, as well as exclusive summer promotions. Offer a coupon or percentage off any purchase to encourage engagement with you.
- Use Summer Slogans – When creating ads, social media posts or emails, incorporate “summer slogans” to appear more summer themed. Some examples you could use: “WATER you up to?”, “Click to SEA more” … “Temperatures are rising and savings oversizing”…Look us up on your SHELL phone” …you get the idea. Add some fun to your summertime communications.
Here at Foxie, we are very conscious of the “Summer Sales Slump,” and we hope these suggestions help make your summer a little less financially painful.
Give us a call at 866-438-2797 or text START to FOXIE (36943) or if you prefer, just shoot us an email. We are looking forward to speaking with you soon!